I have made 6 posts
Right now I'm Offline
I joined January 2023
Post by rickc on Jan 7, 2023 23:31:21 GMT -5
This is real quick, hugely satisfying and chock-a-block with different textures and tastes... and surprises.
This is for one person.
Tuna Pasta Pesto
(based very, very loosely on lexiscleankitchen.com/how-to-cook-pasta-in-the-instant-pot/)
⦁ 2 handfuls of penne or twist wholewheat pasta
⦁ A splash of olive oil
⦁ Enough hot water to just cover pasta (Don't use cold water. It takes too long to heat and come to pressure... overcooks pasta.)
⦁ Silverskin onions aka flavour bombs (rinsed several times). These are the surprises...
⦁ 1 tin of drained tuna flakes or chunks (either stored in oil or water)
⦁ 1 large tablespoon of green pesto sauce
⦁ Freshly-ground black pepper
1. Add the pasta to the Instant Pot inner bowl.
2. Add hot water to just cover the pasta, no more (more takes longer to come to pressure so can overcook the pasta).
3. Add a splash of olive oil to the water (this helps the pasta stay separate).
4. Add drained and rinsed silverskin onions.
5. Pressure cook for 3 minutes then NPR (natural pressure release) for 4 minutes then QPR (quick pressure release). This will ensure the pasta is fully cooked but not bland and soggy.)
6. Drain the pasta, add to a serving bowl immediately and sprinkle generously with black pepper.
7. Spread the tuna flakes on top then finish off with a large dollop of green pesto sauce.
8. Stir the mixture as you eat.
NB - Not only is wholewheat pasta healthier for you, it also doesn't 'foam' as much as normal pasta.