I have made 6 posts
Right now I'm Offline
I joined January 2023
Post by rickc on Jan 8, 2023 0:00:54 GMT -5
Prep Time: 3 mins | Cook Time: 3 mins | Total Time: 3 mins | Servings: 1
⦁ A cup or two of vegetable stock (e.g. tablespoon of Vegetable Bouillion in half a pint of boiling water, stirred).
⦁ Mixed herbs.
⦁ A dozen or so Brussels sprouts, stalks and outer leaves removed.
⦁ 1 packet of Egg Noodles (e.g. Tesco Beef Noodles... but discard the bag of chemical flavourings).
⦁ Grated cheddar.
1. Use the Sauté function to bring the vegetable stock to the boil then add a decent shake of mixed herbs.
2. Crush the packet of egg noodles then add the contents to the vegetable stock.
3. Add the Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket to the inner pot.
4. Lock the lid, turn the steam release to closed, press on Pressure and set the time to 3 minutes.
5. After cooking, use QPR then remove steamer basket and transfer sprouts to a sieve.
6. Take inner pot and add egg noodles and stock to the sieve.
7. Drain and transfer sprouts and egg noodles to a serving bowl.
8. Quicky sprinkle grated cheese generously on top then stir as the cheese melts.
Note: I had the sieve ready in a large bowl so the vegetable stock was retained for use another day.
Please be careful with the vegetable stock. The well-known 'Vegetable Bouillion' powder I used turned out to be very heavily laden with salt to enhance taste. I don't use it any more.