Post by erin elizabeth on Jan 31, 2021 18:29:10 GMT -5
Not a bad month.
1/31 Decadent Hot Chocolate Mix (SK) Added a bit of espresso powder. Very rich and delicious. Used TJ's 72% Pound Plus Bar.
1/16 Cinnamon-Crunch Banana Bread (NYT) So good. Crunchy and cinnamony. (Made in 2020 with applesauce and maple syrup--made original recipe this time. Both versions VERY good.)
1/21 Monster Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (Halfbaked Harvest) Try with less chips—nice and chewy and no butter to warm. Fast and easy.
1/16 Duck-Fat Roasted Potatoes (ATK) Really crispy! Is it the method or the duck fat?
1/9 Cherry Almond Biscotti (MS Cookies) I wanted them to be better with the amaretto. Used half cranberries—try with full amt.
1/9 Lemon Tea Cakes (thekitchn) Tasty and good lemon flavor, but regular cookies and not the ones I was looking for.
1/30 Chocolate Pudding (Alton Brown) Make-your-own instant pudding—good, but that is what it is like. Kinda jiggly thick Jello pudding as opposed to the silkiness of egg puddings.
1/30 Cheesy Horseradish Potato Skins (FNM) Eh. LOVED the crispiness but the flavors weren’t really strong. Maybe my horseradish was weak!
1/18 Sheet-Pan Roasted Fish with Sweet Peppers (NYT) Easy enough, but I wanted more flavor.
1/16 Garlic-Butter Roasted Mushrooms (SK) Too watery.
1/9 Tuscan White Bean and Escarole Soup (Best of ATK 2019) Good, needed a lot of salt on the finish. Used kale, great northern beans, homemade veg broth.
I have made 126 posts
Right now I'm Offline
I joined September 2016
I've received 68 likes
Post by peachesncream on Jan 31, 2021 19:51:50 GMT -5
This covers December - January 2021.
EXCELLENT/VERY GOODLemon Pepper Chicken –
Add Lemon Pepper slowly to taste (some brands are salty). Lowry’s Lemon Pepper is the best IMO - more pepper and lemon flavor and less salt. Quick, easy & delicious.www.saltandlavender.com/lemon-pepper-chicken/Cashew Chicken
– New favorite. I prefer Kikkoman Hoisin Sauce. www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/cashew-chicken.htmlBacon and Egg Fried Rice
– Jet Tila, Food Network
I used ham, and Jasmine rice. Technique of adding beaten eggs along with cooked rice makes this special.www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bacon-and-egg-fried-rice-5550066Croque-Monsieur with Dijon Bechamel
– Best version I’ve tried.
*I used French sourdough, and didn’t “stack” the sandwiches at the end.www.cuisineathome.com/recipes/lunch-dinner/croque-monsieur-with-dijon-bechamel/Easy Amish Baked Oatmeal
– A new favorite.
*I cut recipe in half, used an 8 X 8 inch glass dish, baked 30 min. at 350.www.melskitchencafe.com/easy-amish-baked-oatmeal/Cheesy Potato Soup with Bacon & Scallions
– Rich & satisfying. www.cuisineathome.com/recipes/lunch-dinner/cheesy-potato-soup-with-bacon-and-scallions/Green Beans
– I followed the video instructions, using Allen’s Italian Cut Green Beans and Better Than Bouillon Beef Base – surprisingly delicious.feastandfarm.com/make-canned-green-beans-taste-better/Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Used lime juice in place of lemon, to go with a Mexican meal. Versatile recipe.natashaskitchen.com/cucumber-tomato-avocado-salad/
GOODCreamy Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
(a vegetarian soup) - I used Lundberg Natural Wild Rice Blend, from Target (about 2-1/2 cups cooked), and a mix of white and cremini mushrooms. You could use precooked wild rice or a rice blend. www.bhg.com/recipe/creamy-wild-rice-mushroom-soup/
NOT FOR USSunday Beans and Rice
– Love Welcome Serve Cookbook. Still looking for a really good version of this.
TRIED AND TRUEChoose-a-Fruit Crisp
– Using frozen peaches makes this a year round favorite.www.bhg.com/recipe/cobbler/choose-a-fruit-crisp/